Monday, June 28, 2010

Manic Monday

1 Tim. 4: 12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
***
Well it’s not really a manic Monday but I do have bunches of stuff to do today. Like wash clothes, mow the lawn, clean house, you know the old routines of a Monday. I’m sitting here now writing because in the wee hours of the morning when all that I hear are birds chirping and wanting to play, the silence of this morning is treasured.

Yesterday was a nice restful day. After church I like to fix a nice lunch and relax with the sounds. I was pretty overwhelmed by church yesterday as I usually am when Pastor Mike delivers a sermon. I don’t know what it is but a feeling of warmth runs through my veins and I never want the moment to end. (It’s the living and breathing word, some might say.)

I remember years ago I thought I didn’t need a church. “If God wants me in a church, he’ll find one for me,” I always said. Well wouldn’t you know it, God heard me and found us a church. He made sure I was away from Baltimore and away from negative influences I guess, because He had work for me to do.

I talked to my mother yesterday, and we were talking about ‘sleaze’ t.v. She just loves those shows. I had said something like, “God wants you to have a pure mind, and those shows don’t allow it, they put in sleaze.” She said, “I have a pure heart and that’s good enough for God.”

It drove a knife through my heart because if she only knew what was good enough for God. God wants a pure mind, body and soul, and if we think for a moment He wants anything less, we’re heading down the wrong path. But hey, I’m not here to tell you about the path you should or should not take, why not have a talk with God and ask Him.

As a writer, I was thinking of sleaze novels, you know the trash that tries entering into our library? I’m not against the use of murders, language, whatever it takes for a character to bring a means to an end. I prefer a novel with substance, just like television, I won’t watch things without substance, it seems kind of pointless. Don’t get me wrong, I used to just for the thrill of it, but since the Lord called me into His heart by way of His house, I have a fear of letting him down.

I personally want a pure mind, body and soul. (And no, drinking, smoking weed, flaunting your cleavage are not pure to God.) I strive for purity actually. Do I succeed? I’m sure I falter as many, I’m human, I think. So, on this Manic Monday, as his mom has a doctors appointment with a routine test, my prayers are lifted up for us all to find the purity in our hearts and listen, just listen to what God is telling you.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Some very good points.

joni said...

Thanks Master Stormcrow! :)

I try not to be preachy because I am no one to judge.
Every man/woman has to find out on their own.

I just pray it's not to late.

Prayers for mom!!!

joni said...

update: Mom got a clean bill of health!

Prayers answered once again!