Tuesday, December 02, 2014

The Angel's Called


Ex. 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
 

~ * ~ The Angel’s Called  ~ * ~
The angels came from mounted high,
cradled his soul I don't know why.
Wrapped in fleece-like softened wings;
silenced now he no longer sings.

 

Nestled within a tidal womb
fertile bed becomes a tomb
Shrouded in the serene abode
a vacant place his body stowed.

 

Earthbound duty not his call,
a rain of stars on him did fall.
Whisked away before I could hold;
a lifeless body lay there cold.

 

Summoned to be an angel himself;
journey of breath put on a shelf.
Though I miss his earthly duty;
I savor now his angelic beauty.




To think on this day 32 years ago I gave birth, blows my mind. The grieving process has minimized but it will never go away because Christopher is a part of who I am today. Even though I didn’t get to hear his cries, or see him walk across the floor for the first time, his voice played out in my soul day after day, year after year. His footsteps were heard in other children running and playing; his laughter was deep in my soul comforting me.


On this day as I remember the images all to vividly, I hold my child who was STILLborn in the essence of my being. As some people wish that grief would end, I don’t because grounding is necessary to move me forward in life and to always keep him alive in my heart.



My prayer for him today is that he is doing his heavenly duty for our great and Honorable King of Kings, and may he welcome me into Heaven when the time comes.


I’ve never stopped loving you, Christopher. 

No comments: