Friday, March 27, 2015

MY Belief


"There hath no temptation taken you but such as common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." ~ I Corinthians 10:13

My belief might not be your belief just as your belief might not be my belief. I’m okay with that. We are humans living in a time where we discover something and we just feel the need to share it, I think in hopes that we can all agree on believing the same things.

I came down pretty hard on Ken Ham the other day, only because I don’t buy into his not so grand philosophy on things. I’m not saying he’s 100% wrong but to me he is not 100% right either. Can anyone be, really? I see much of his theories or what do you call them, beliefs, as regurgitated theology from previous theologians and philosophers.

As a writer, I could never take someone’s work and call it my own and some of these ‘new’ thoughts of KH are not new to say the least. If you’ve just discovered KH as the answer to your questions, of course you’re going to accept what he spills out to his ‘followers’. He’s your go to guy when you have questions and seek answers.

When I was in my late teens I read a book titled: Heaven, Its Wonders and Hell by Emanuel Swedenborg. As I read him there were things in there that only solidified my beliefs of things that I already knew and interpreted from the Bible, but again, a lot of folks were not reading the King James Bible and understanding some pretty difficult prose. I always felt that because I was a poet at heart, I read and understood things in a more picturesque way then say as a laymen reader/believer?

As such I never shared my beliefs with others out of fear of being laughed at, and now here I am laughing at KH for believing dinosaurs and man cohabitated. I had a sort of epiphany. Why laugh at him, he is only solidifying things as HE understands them. More than likely he would laugh at me for my beliefs but there would also be a meeting of the minds.

While he might have the degree saying he has more knowledge than me, my wisdom is from God (not a school and certainly not from google) and what I speak of is from my heart and experience, just as Mr. Swedenborg. When KH has looked at demons, walked with angels, died and came back here, maybe then I’d begin to understand where he is coming from. I believe you should experience something before you tout it as truth.

When I was younger and someone sparked in me the need to look further into something, I had books to run to, today I have google and its vast amount of information from many perspectives not just one.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Also I’ll have you know before I believe in ANYthing, I take it to God first. I don’t take what people throw at me at face value, I need to dissect it with an open mind and come to a rational and logical conclusion. Dinosaurs’ dallying with men is not of anything rational and logical, so for the time being I cannot accept it as truth because a man says it’s so.

2 Thes 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.


I’d like you to take a look at this:


Farfetched? Crazy? Laughable?

Now look at this and Ken Ham is tossing out to his followers:

Yes siree, Ken Ham touting the same stuff.

So I ask you this, if you laughed at the first link I showed, did you laugh at KHam links? Why or why not?

All I can say is this… the truth is within you. It is not OUT THERE. It isn’t in the head or mind of someone else it is right there within you waiting to be tapped. Sometimes we get so caught up in the physical we forget that there is an entire spiritual realm, a realm from which we were created!

This week, one of my most sacred weeks, I’ve been thrown into pages upon pages of demons and UFO’s when I would much rather be drinking in the purity that Jesus has blessed me with. After Easter is over I may elaborate more on some things that I learned this week but were in no way new to me. Now who would go and start this???
Would it be (in my Dana Carvey- Church lady voice) S-AAAAA-T-AN??? Teeheehee!

Have a blessed Holy week my readers and remember, Jesus loves you!


No comments: