Friday, May 22, 2015

Sometimes...


"Just because a person ‘looks’ fine on the outside, doesn’t mean they aren’t suffering with debilitating pain on the inside. Just as you wouldn’t judge a book by its cover, don’t judge a person because they ‘look’ fine." ~ Joni

Sometimes…

Sometimes… my tears fall down like rain
Sometimes… I smile through all the pain
Sometimes… I’m judged by what you see
Sometimes… there's no fun in being me.

Sometimes… the clouds wash o’er my soul
Sometimes… I’m left not feeling whole
Sometimes… someone should take my hand
Sometimes… I need you to understand.

Sometimes… the sun don’t ever shine
Sometimes… I’m not doing ‘fine’
Sometimes… the tears won’t ever fall
Sometimes… I hide behind it all.

Sometimes… I hear the Lord demand
Sometimes… He says child take my hand
Sometimes… when tears fall down like rain
Those times… He carries all my pain.

Job 33:19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:
 
 

2 comments:

benning said...

*HUG!*

Sweetie, this was truly beautiful. :)

joni said...

Thank you. It means a lot.

*hugs*